Dozens Of High School Girls Kidnapped In Nigeria

2021-02-26   |   by CusiGO

According to the Nigerian security and interior Commissioner Alhaji Abubakar dauran, armed men broke into the dormitory of a women’s high school in Zamfara state in northwestern Nigeria early Friday morning and kidnapped dozens of young students, Nigerian news agency. “After most of the students were taken away, we collected the students who fled or hid from the robbers and conducted a census of 54. We’re still looking for other people. ” At the time of the kidnapping, there were more than 400 students in the school. Sadi kawaye, a school teacher, assured AFP that more than 300 girls were missing.

The attack occurred around 1 a.m. at the jangebe town government secondary school (GSS). Some residents told local media that the attackers were fully armed and boarded motorcycles and pick-up trucks, forcing girls to get on. One professor explained to the punch that they were wearing security uniforms, which caused some confusion.

This is Nigeria’s second large-scale kidnapping of 42 students, including 27 male students, 3 teachers and 12 family members, more than a week after the February 17 incident in Kagara Town, central and Western Niger. these ones here. They are still in the hands of their captives. In December last year, 344 students were also kidnapped in kankala, kazina state. However, they were all released a few days after the kidnappers negotiated with the government. It is not clear at present.

Insecurity in schools in northern and Western Nigeria and subsequent mass kidnappings have made it possible for the Senate to declare a state of emergency in the country. According to Amnesty International, there are 1000.

At the other end of northern and northeastern Nigeria, the terrorist group Boko Haram claimed responsibility for a grenade attack in Maiduguri last Tuesday that killed at least 10 people and injured about 60 others, including children playing in a sports field. “Our brother attacked Maiduguri,” Abubakar shekau, the leader of Boko Haram, said in a video broadcast by jihadi on Thursday. “We are very happy that it was our people who launched the attack,” he added.