How Many Details Should We Pay Attention To In Order To Settle The Payment Smoothly
2012-08-11 | by CusiGO
Boss Hu is an agent of small household appliances in w City. He has been doing this business for nearly 20 years. In his own words, “I am older than those famous products.”. Seeing that the hypermarket is in full swing now, boss Hu is deeply moved by the hot and noisy scene. It’s not easy to keep the original wholesale point. He moves his mind to enter the hypermarket. Say do it, boss Hu’s personality is so fierce and vigorous. He spent a month in the two biggest local hypermarkets. He was very active in receiving orders and delivering goods. Three months later, I delivered nearly one million goods, but I didn’t get any money back. Boss Hu was so furious that he scolded the salesman: “if the payment can’t be received, NTM won’t be paid.”. The salesman is also in a mess, the whole company is in a mess!
There are many suppliers like boss Hu, who are more and more rich in capital and do more and more business, but are not happy. Why? Because there are more and more stores, each store has to store tens of thousands or even hundreds of thousands of goods. How much money do these dozens or hundreds of stores have to store? To shop is snowball. The receivables are more and more, and tens or millions of money can’t be collected in a month. Do you think it’s urgent or not? It seems that the business is getting bigger and bigger, but I feel that the money turnover is becoming more and more difficult , the account is in a good situation, but I’m short of money. Where is the money? It’s all on the payment!
Although the store has a huge sales capacity, its risk is also very large. Strict and harsh transactions put suppliers in a passive position. The store becomes the maker of game rules and enjoys the first opportunity! It is not just a casual supplier that can cooperate with the store. Complex processes and rules make the threshold of the store not so easy to cross. Suppliers should rationally analyze and decide how to go. To ensure the smooth and safe payment of goods, we first talk about the following points that suppliers need to know:
From the organizational structure of the store, we can see that the commodity purchasing department and the store are respectively responsible for the purchase and sale of commodities, The price, sales volume and inventory will affect the payment for goods, and the purchase and return of goods will cause changes to the data. These operations need the suppliers to connect with the stores one by one. If you are not professional and diligent enough and do not understand the process in place, you will bury hidden dangers for the final payment for goods.
Then there is the financial department. Reconciliation, payment of bills, and payment of fees are all within the authority of the financial department. If your work at the business interface is in place and you ignore the financial department, it is very important. There is no small matter in the financial department. As long as there is a difference between a data document and a fee, no matter how well you do at the business interface, you cannot get money.
Therefore, the first step to get the payment smoothly is to understand the departments and personnel related to the payment in the store, to identify the door and find the right person.
1. Understand the concept of accounting period correctly
Generally speaking, the “monthly settlement” is the main settlement method in the stores. Because many dealers are used to the “actual sales monthly settlement”, “commission sales” and “delivery two settlement one” of the original state-owned stores, it is difficult to correctly understand what the “monthly settlement” is. For example:
March April May June
1, 30, 30, 30, 30
Suppose that for the account from March 1 to March 31, if the monthly settlement is 30 days, the payment can only be settled in May; if the monthly settlement is 60 days, the payment can only be settled in June. Due to the different financial payment dates of various stores, it is possible to issue a check on a certain day of the month.
“Monthly settlement” itself means every other month (30 days), plus the days after the last month’s settlement, so 30 days of monthly settlement is 60 days, 45 days of monthly settlement is 75 days, and 60 days of monthly settlement is 90 days.
2. Different settlement methods
2-1. Payment request. It refers to that after the dealer delivers the goods, in addition to the delivery note, he / she needs to fill in the payment request form in the format specified by the store, otherwise, he / she will not make the account. The purpose of the payment request is to control the difference between the actual price of the store and the manufacturer’s delivery price. In case of any inconsistency, a variance sheet will be printed and submitted to the purchaser for confirmation. Of course, usually the purchase will be recorded at a price favorable to the store. This way, the market will not be affected by computers
2-2. Tickets arrive with the goods. It means that the dealer needs to attach a tax invoice when delivering goods, so as to ensure timely entry, but the disadvantage is that if the tax invoice is wrong, the change is very troublesome.
2-3. Online settlement. That is to say, account checking, payment and ticket payment are all carried out by using the network program. The advantages are clear and fast, but at present, the level of most suppliers still lags behind.
3. About tax invoice
That is, the value-added tax invoice. The value-added tax is an indirect tax levied on the value-added of taxpayers’ production and business activities. The basic tax rate of general taxpayers is 17% or 13%. Household appliances belong to general goods, and the tax rate is 17%. Suppliers must have taxpayer qualification to do business with the stores, and can provide formal VAT invoices. If they cannot provide full and correct VAT invoices at the time of settlement, the stores cannot make deduction, and they will not pay for goods to suppliers. And now it is not acceptable to manually fill in the invoice, so it is impossible for the supplier to pay if there is a problem in the tax invoice. Doing wholesale business is used to cash transactions, paying a fixed tax. It’s totally another matter to cooperate with the hypermarket. Suppliers need to strengthen learning.
4. Several key points related to settlement
4-1. Sponsorship. You can only get the money if you give it to the store. In order to settle the payment smoothly, you must confirm the sponsorship money you have to pay in the current period and prepare a check, otherwise you can’t get back your payment.
4-2. Inventory days. If your goods are not sold well or your inventory is too large, it will cause pressure on the market, and it is not easy to get paid. If the store requires 30 days of inventory, then you must return the goods that are more than 30 days to meet the standard days, otherwise, don’t want to take money, because the store will not use its own money to turnover.
1. The settlement period of contract negotiation is too long. In doing business with the salesfloor, everything is subject to the contract, so if we don’t negotiate the settlement conditions of the contract, we will not be able to guarantee the quick and smooth payment collection. What kind of contract with the accounting period of 60 or 70 days is equal to two months’ payment. If the system of dozens of branches is fully loaded with the payment for goods for two months, there will be a few or tens of thousands, and the payment for goods for millions cannot be turned around, of course, there will be capital pressure. The payment terms of the contract are the most basic conditions for the settlement of the account in KA store. Suppliers must pay attention to the importance of accounting period in contract negotiation.
2. No matter how heavy it is, you are greedy for more. In today’s increasingly fierce terminal competition, in fact, there are many terminals in the decline of single benefits, or even very poor. Suppliers should follow the principle of capital turnover and cash withdrawal, consider the rate of return on investment, and give up those stores with poor efficiency and insufficient strength, and never be greedy for more. It’s just self deception to see the flowers blooming all over the place, good or bad. Only to be a valuable store can make money, blind greed is not desirable.
3. The management of funds and commodities is unclear.
Most of the suppliers are in charge of Finance and sales. One is in charge of payment collection and the other is in charge of delivery. The finance department usually doesn’t know how many goods they have delivered and how much money they have collected. At last, the boss finds out that there is a problem, so he catches up with the finance department and the sales department to check accounts and urge payment. If we can use finance to control the delivery, we can effectively avoid this kind of problem, and stipulate that we can’t deliver the goods when we have not received the payment. This system is relatively safe.
4. Do not understand the payment process of the store. I used to serve a store, and it asked the supplier to provide a payment request. As a result, a manufacturer delivered hundreds of thousands of goods in three months, but failed to pay a payment request. Later, I thought it was wrong. When I came to ask for money, I understood what happened. As a result, it took half a year to get the money. I don’t want to know that there are more than one loser in the process. Pay full attention to this.
There must be a reason for any problem. Boss Hu’s payment can’t be returned. There is also a reason. It’s important to analyze the problem? Have you summed up the experience and lessons? There is a threshold for the hypermarket to do business. You need to understand what you should know. If you are confused, you will inevitably catch up. So it’s not too late to learn how to do it well.